Our client is transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive.
As Software Development Project Manager, you will operate in lock-step with product management, and your peers, to create a clear product development plan, and convey that plan to the software engineering scrum team(s). You will ensure the team have a clear and descriptive set of requirements, captured as stories, and partner with the team to determine what can be delivered through balancing the need for new features, defects, and technical debt.
Your priority will be to deliver quality product releases to satisfy customer needs through close interaction with a broad set of stakeholders: Product Managers, Technical Authors, Service Owners, Customers and Developers.
In this role, you will:
- Work with cross-functional teams to deliver features and significant products
- Own the short-term roadmap for MVPs and quarterly releases; agree scope & track budget
- Engage frequently (80%) with the development team; manage progress, facilitate discussions, provide clarification, remove impediments, story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; contributes to design activities and decisions
- Prioritise continuously in accordance with the understanding and validation of customer problems and needs
- Own and manage the backlog; continuously order and prioritise to ensure that 1-2 sprints/iterations of backlog are always ready
- Partner with the Service Owner to ensure healthy development process and maintenance support
- Be regarded as an expert in Agile Methodology; translate unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work units through problem decomposition and planning
- Demonstrate superior persuasion and influencing skills that ensure alignment between customer, product manager and engineering team
- Demonstrates excelling business acumen, knows latest industry trends and is looked at as an internal expert on the product as well as the associated competitive landscape
- Mentor junior team members
You will be an experienced Project Manager with broad professional experience in software development. You will have strong knowledge of SDLC in either a development, testing or project leadership role – whether it be as a PM or as a Team Manager incorporating projects. Experience of working in Agile engineering environment is essential as is experience of managing budgets. The role requires developed communication skills, a collaborative approach and excellent problem-solving skills. You will have strong business acumen including the ability to negotiate to align stakeholders and communicate a single synthesized perspective to the scrum team.
Salary up to £70,000 (DOE) + Group Benefits. For further information contact Stuart Ringland on (0131) 516 4333 or email email@example.com