Due to continued growth within various different jurisdictions, this renowned financial services organisation has created a new role for a Senior Manager to join the Corporate Secretarial and Governance Services function, based in Edinburgh.
The Group Governance Services Department is responsible for providing a company secretarial and governance service to the firm’s corporate subsidiary Boards and their members and officers, and to other governance related committees and cross functional / department projects.
The role will involve Deputising for the Head of Corporate Secretarial and Governance Services, assisting in the effective and efficient delivery of company secretarial-related services, the interpretation and implementation of the impact of changes in legislation and regulation and providing support in team management, projects and other areas as required.
More specifically it will also involve:
- Providing Board support and oversight of specific entities and other subsidiaries and business groups
- Responsibility for oversight and development of Radar reporting and impact analysis.
- Responsibility for oversight and development of Governance Documentation team and associated documentation, processes and reporting
- Assisting with oversight, reviewing and developing of team processes, systems controls, risk management, reporting, staff training and disaster recovery.
- Assisting in the development and promotion of global corporate governance as the organisation continues to expand its geographical footprint into new jurisdictions.
- Liaising with external advisors, authorities and stakeholders (internal and external).
- Line management responsibility with a focus on developing the team.
To be considered, you will have gained significant corporate governance and company secretarial experience, ideally within financial services although this is not essential.
An excellent salary and benefits package are also on offer!
To find out more, please contact Jill Cowan on 07931 811 330 or apply with your CV online.