An unusual opportunity has become available for a Senior Lawyer to join this Legal Costs team working closely with a major Insurance client. This In-House role is based in Glasgow but the successful candidate will initially work remotely from home.
The Senior Lawyer will take lead on the oversight and analysis of legal bills for compliance with Outside Counsel Guidelines, conduct legal research on legal fees as appropriate and provide input and support with one-time legal bill review projects. You will also have responsibility for 1-2 direct reports at Legal Analyst/Paralegal level.
More specifically, you will be involved in:
- Reviewing and analysing submitted legal invoices daily for compliance
- Overseeing all appeals on reviewed invoices within the specified turnaround time
- Identifying and recommending alternative solutions to increase efficiency and accuracy
- Periodic legal bill review projects
- Reviewing indemnity and hold harmless agreements
- Providing additional support during high volume times
To be considered, you will be a Solicitor with at least 2-3 years of post-qualified experience, ideally gained within an Insurance, Litigation, Legal Costs or Risk related role. Supervisory experience would also be preferred but is not essential.
To find out more, please contact Jill Cowan on 07931 811 330 or apply with your CV online.