Two opportunities are currently available for a Solicitor and Associate to join the Restructuring team within this leading Scottish commercial law firm. Applicants will ideally have around 0-2 and 3-5 years of relevant PQE, however this is flexible. Both roles would be based from Glasgow.
This Restructuring and Business Advisory team is one of the leaders in the market. They advise companies and all classes of stakeholders on the full spectrum of issues that arise in corporate restructuring, insolvency and turnaround matters with a responsive, commercial approach.
The type of work on offer will include:
- Advising companies and boards on issues relating to financial stress and distress, turnaround and restructuring options, directors’ duties and insolvency.
- Advising lenders in relation to their relationships with borrowers facing financial difficulty.
- Advising suppliers, customers, landlords and other stakeholders of the implications of counter-party distress/insolvency.
- Working with insolvency practitioners to negotiate and implement sales of business and assets in time pressured situations.
- Acting for purchasers acquiring businesses through accelerated M&A processes
- Providing tailored training to clients.
The team works closely with colleagues from across the firm, especially from real estate, banking and finance, corporate and commercial dispute resolution.
They are looking for candidates who enjoy the challenge of working in a fast paced environment and are keen to engage in the business development elements of the role as well as the advisory and technical aspects.
Restructuring experience would be preferred, however applicants with experience in other commercial areas such as Corporate or Banking would also be considered.
To find out more, please contact Jill Cowan on 07931 81 330 or apply online.