Lusona Consultancy is recruiting for an experienced Legal Assistant/Paralegal for a global Financial Services organisation. Based in Edinburgh this role sits within their Legal department, supporting on a broad range of legal work including; Company Secretarial, Funds & Derivatives contracts and data protection.
Reporting to the Senior Paralegal, this role will involve:
- Co-ordination of product board meetings and pre/post board calls in conjunction with local company secretaries (including management of deadlines)
- Preparation of board pack and various board documents (including agendas and reports)
- Providing support in relation to the maintenance of fund offering documents using online and in-house systems
- Adherence to filing, publication and reporting requirements (including regulatory)
- Liaison with overseas legal counsels and agents as and when required
- Assistance with maintaining departmental precedent documents and checklists
- Assistance with the implementation of projects across the Department
- Maintenance of key data within online systems
- Research on various topical matters as and when requested
- General administrative and office support to Legal Team, such as document management services to prepare and circulate execution copy documents
- Conducting legal research
- General paralegal duties
Skills and experience required:
- Legal Assistant, Paralegal / Company Secretarial experience is essential, financial services exposure advantageous.
- Results driven, can work to strict deadlines.
- Possess attention to detail and accuracy in all duties.
- Team Player.
- Confident and professional communicator.