Operational Taxes Associate required for the expanding Tax Utility team of this Glasgow based Financial Services corporate
The team helps senior management and its individual business units manage the Firm's Tax risk by owning and driving forward the Operational Tax Control framework. Maintaining and enhancing the internal operating processes.
As an Associate with the team you will assist in managing the firms’ withholding tax risk population along with related audit requirements; client processes including tax vouchers and certification; account set-up for tax purposes; implementation of tax changes for processes owned by the team and other departments. Your remit will include supervisory oversight and risk management of the below functions and driving forward a multi-year change agenda:
- Risk management of complex firm tax reclaims across various global markets.
- Life-cycle management of lodged reclaims to ensure in good order with tax authorities and analysis of market practice.
- Support of the risk framework, analysing Key Risk Indicators and impact of regulatory market updates.
- Coordination of Tax Authority audits and reconciliation of required information such as trade patterns, depot movements, etc.
- Control of client tax offerings and liaising with the relevant BU to ensure compliance.
- Supporting the ITU Enhancement strategy to improve systemic tax processing.
- Control of processes outsourced to external vendor.
Coming from a background in Operational Taxes, Operational Risk, Corporate Actions or Settlements, you will have prior experience of operational flows within the trading cycle. Full training will be provided on tax technical. You will possess the following skills/attributes:
- Ability to drive forward change agenda
- Strong analytical and reconciliation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to grasp detailed concepts quickly
- Transition and supervisory oversight of outsourced functions.
- Advanced Excel skills.
Salary up to £40,000 + Bonus + Benefits. Our client boasts excellent workplace facilities as well as hybrid working arrangement. Genuine opportunities for personal and career progression as the business continues to expand its Glasgow operations
For further information contact Stuart Ringland on (0141) 530 4333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org