An exciting opportunity has been created for an experienced Solicitor, to join this international Renewable Energy company as a Legal Counsel. The role will be based in Edinburgh with continued flexibility to work from home.
Applicants will ideally have a minimum of 5 years of relevant PQE gained within Energy/Infrastructure Projects or Construction/Energy - Renewable Energy (either on or offshore), Project Finance, multi-contracting, FIDIC and/or EPC contracts experience would all be highly desirable.
The company is expanding to support the active pursuit of several opportunities across the European clean energy market and to support the development of key projects within the UK offshore wind and renewables sector.
They are currently looking to recruit a Legal Counsel to support a specific wind farm development. As a key member of the legal team reporting to the Head of Legal, you will support the Head of Legal and the Project Director and provide full-time legal support to the windfarm development on all legal matters.
More specifically, the role will involve:
- General corporate/commercial, and commercial contract advice and the identification and management of legal risks.
- Responsibility for drafting and the negotiation of a wide range of bespoke agreements, including commercial contacts, consultancy agreements, construction and supply agreements, non-disclosure agreements and other agreements, as required.
- Involvement and where relevant, responsibility, for legal aspects of CfD/ relevant auction submissions, corporate, contracting, financing and other key features relating to the project’s development.
- Monitoring and advising on regulatory developments within the offshore energy sector and on the regulatory framework applicable to the project (and the company) at national, regional and local level.
- Support on property and planning matters (onshore and offshore).
- Ensuring good governance and compliance with all regulatory aspects.
- Relevant stakeholder engagement and management of external legal advisors and budgets.
To find out more, please contact Jill Cowan on 07931 811 330 or apply with your CV online.