Our client, the world leading Digital Industrial Company is transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on their existing products and to help develop the next generation of power grid applications, that enable the analysis and management of real-time data analytics for the grid. As part of a team of highly experienced Java software architects and engineers in their Edinburgh Centre of Excellence you will develop innovative algorithms and architectures that solve real-word problems – from optimising the use of green energy, to improving grid reliability.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Developing highly reliable Java code
• Developing extensive unit tests that validate the core functions and performances
• Working with the senior Java architects in the team to optimise and contribute to the product design and architecture
• Following their agile software development process
• Working within a “DevOps” environment, supporting both Continuous Integration and Delivery
You will have:
• Strong Java and Object-Oriented Skills
• Experience with real-time data processing or engineering (highly desirable)
• Experience with JMS, Spring, Hibernate and Java Swing
• Work within Linux and Microsoft Windows environments
• Working knowledge of Jira
• Using SVN and Jenkins
• Excellent investigative and problem-solving skills
• Organised and able to plan work to complete within timescales
• Excellent communication skills
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a at an exciting time of expansive growth. Our client offers a supportive and friendly work environment coupled with flexible working, prospects for personal and career progression and an attractive remuneration package.
Salary up to £55,000 (DOE) + Group Benefits. For further information contact Stuart Ringland on (0131) 516 4333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org