This is a brand new role within the Compliance & Risk team for a Commercial Contracts Solicitor (or specialist) to join this global law firm based in Glasgow.
This role involves working closely with a number of functions across the firm on all contract negotiations with clients as well as strategic projects relevant to the Risk & Compliance function. The role is key to help drive the strategy and delivery of global services in line with the business plan of the Firm. The position is a global role involving all core projects and will also involve working to local regulatory requirements as required.
More specifically, the role will involve:
- Reviewing and negotiating any contracts drafted by clients (outside counsel guidelines, framework agreements, non-disclosure agreements, etc.) to ensure they are aligned with the Firm's strategy, where necessary with the assistance of other functions in the firm.
- Complete questionnaires submitted by clients with the assistance of others and deal with any follow-up queries
- Comment on and discuss with partners, fee-earners and clients any changes to the Firm's standard terms of business and engagement letter.
- Review and negotiate contracts with suppliers to the firm
- Advise the partnership on whether any relevant project feasibility study is right and fit for purpose for the legal business
- Advise the partnership on any relevant risk and compliance issues associated with their practice.
To be considered, you will ideally have:
- Deep expertise in the review and negotiation of contracts
- Expertise in a wide range of risk management issues faced by global international law firms, including conflicts and ethical issues, as well as broader sanctions, anti-money laundering, and extensive experience in dealing with commercial issues pertaining to risk management.
To find out more, please contact Jill Cowan on 07931 811 330 or apply with your CV online.