A new opportunity has become available for a Solicitor with 1-3 years of relevant PQE to join the Infrastructure Projects team at this leading Scottish independent law firm. The role could be based in Edinburgh or Glasgow.
The Energy and Infrastructure team undertakes the firm’s work in the energy, infrastructure and construction sectors. As part of that broader team the Infrastructure Projects team advises investors, project sponsors, funders, contractors, service providers and public sector clients in the UK and Ireland on social and economic infrastructure projects across a variety of sectors including education, health, transport, waste water, municipal waste and social housing providing advice and support across the full spectrum of project documentation and throughout the project lifespan including in respect of facilities management.
You can expect to work on a wide variety of infrastructure projects and will be encouraged to take client facing roles from an early stage. Due to the breadth of work you may be expected to work across a number of sectors and encouraged to develop your own areas of expertise. This role presents an excellent opportunity to join a growing team, develop a wide range of skills and be exposed to a variety of transactions and clients.
Delivering these types of projects is a team effort and you will work with a number of colleagues within the team and across the firm in Banking, Corporate, Procurement and Real Estate. However, for management and mentoring purposes you will be a member of the Energy and Infrastructure team ensuring there is a strong focus on your own development.
Examples of the some of the work that you will be expected to undertake include:
• Advising on developing or bidding for new infrastructure projects including setting up special purpose vehicles.
• Advising on the procurement, funding, construction and operation of new infrastructure projects.
• Advising on secondary market transactions.
• Advising on the operational aspects of PFI/PPP/NPD and hub DBFM projects, including project variations.
• Advising on Scottish hub projects including the drafting and preparation of design and build development agreements, construction subcontracts, corporate approval documents and other ancillary documentation.
To find out more about this exciting new role, please contact Jill Cowan on 07931 811 330 or apply online.