Financial Services Audit Senior/Supervisor
Location - Edinburgh (flexible)
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Lusona Consultancy's client is a top 20 Accountancy Firm in Scotland who are currently recruiting for a talented Audit Senior/Supervisor to join their Financial Services Audit Department. The firm have had various client wins and recent growth hence looking to expand the team.
The Financial Services Audit Team includes:
'Financial Services Audit' - covering audits of regulated investment funds, boutique asset managers and personal investment companies.
'Financial Services Advisory' - providing assurance services such as client money (CASS) audits, fund merger valuations, internal control reports and supporting FCA-regulated businesses in meeting their regulatory responsibilities.
Working predominantly within the Financial Services Audit Team, you will also work with the FS Advisory Team subject to business requirements. Reporting directly to the Financial Services Audit Manager/Senior Manager your role will include:
- Assisting in tendering for new client opportunities and supporting their onboarding
- Completing the audit planning documentation and then assisting to completion working with the Audit Managers.
- Working closely with audit assistants to plan, schedule and delegate their work.
- Training and de-briefing audit assistants.
- On the client side you will liaise with client staff by building strong relationships and informing them of audit progress.
- Liaising with tax staff for review, you will also audit the draft tax computation and tax provisions with supporting schedules
- Preparing and reviewing draft financial statements
- Undertaking regulatory assurance assignments (CASS audits)
- Assessing the impact of changing regulation and supporting clients accordingly.
The successful candidate will be CA qualified and have practical experience of using audit software to audit and produce financial statements. Additionally, you will have practical experience/knowledge of FCA regulations. You will enjoy working as part of a team, collaborating with others as well as being pro-active in your individual work.
To apply please send your CV to (01698) 440 337 / firstname.lastname@example.org