Financial Controller – Glasgow
Salary £50k to £65k plus excellent benefits
Lusona is working exclusively with our client in the Financial Services/Insurance sector to recruit a Financial Controller based in their Glasgow office. Reporting to the Managing Director, the FC will oversee the company’s financial planning and accounting operations, which will include establishing business targets, developing budgets, and performing financial analysis.
The ultimate goal of the Financial Controller is to guide the company towards profitability and the main duties will include:
· Contributing towards the financial and strategic planning of the company by evaluating performance and potential risks
· Performing regular financial analysis
· Developing budgets that meet the requirements of company departments
· Review monthly financial performance and reporting the actuals vs budgets
· Auditing services to ensure financial monitoring is up to date
· Managing relationships with key stakeholders and auditors
· Setting targets and managing all accounting and finance employees in the facilitation of day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, payroll, etc.
· Analysing patterns in company spending, revenue, and recommend solutions to any problem areas
· Ensuring that all of the company's financial practices are in line in statutory regulations and legislation
· Implementing controls and reviewing client money management
We would like to hear from Qualified Accountants who have previously worked in the Financial or Professional Services sectors, with previous experience of managing client money accounts. It is essential that applicants have excellent communication and interpersonal abilities with outstanding leadership qualities.
The client offers a competitive salary and benefits package. The standard working week is 35 hours, however a flexible approach to work will be required as there may be occasions when it would be necessary to work additional hours as dictated by the workload. For additional information, please contact Jim Rankine – email@example.com.