Our Glasgow based client has a diverse range of autonomous companies operating in various sites throughout the UK and Europe. Their business has evolved through organic growth and acquisition in recent years’ and they have a strong reputation for profit retention and a solid financial base from which to operate.
Due to this growth coupled with recent changes to their operating model, they are looking to recruit a qualified Accountant to be their Finance Policy, Compliance and Audit Manager at Group level. This is a fantastic time to join the business in a formative role and evolve your career in line with the business growth plan.
You will lead and take responsibility for Finance Policy setting, compliance monitoring and internal audit in conjunction with each business unit.
- Maintain the Finance policy framework and update this as required to reflect changing legislation.
- Ensure that all group businesses are compliant with both the internal and external finance compliance requirements that are applicable to their operations.
- Establish and deliver the Finance Audit and wider Business Risk programme to ensure that all group businesses are adhering to group policy and are compliant with their own financial processes & procedures.
- In conjunction with the business unit management, ensure that all finance issues, including those arising from the audit process are both handled and concluded in the timescales required.
- In conjunction with the Finance Transition Lead, establish a Risk Management Framework. Ensure that all group businesses have a robust identification of business risk through maintained risk registers.
- Establish and deliver the audit programme of controls to mitigate identified business risk within risk registers.
- Manage the programme of balance sheet reviews as carried out by the central group finance team. Record and ensure follow up/correction of all identified issues. Perform balance sheet reviews as required.
- Lead ad-hoc project work and continuous improvement initiatives as required e.g. legal entity restructuring, intercompany reconciliation process improvement.
You will be a qualified Accountant with a strong technical background in audit delivery, whether it be internal or external audit. You will have the appetite to understand and assess business processes across the various business units. You will also be able to demonstrate the ability to work autonomously, with remote support and guidance. Good interpersonal and influencing skills are imperative, coupled with the ability to engage with leaders and process owners throughout the business.
Salary up to £47,000 + Benefits. For further information please contact Stuart Ringland on (0141) 530 4333 or email email@example.com