A new role has been created in Aberdeen for a Litigation Solicitor to join the Infrastructure, Construction and Energy Disputes team within an international law firm.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven candidate to quickly gain experience and take on responsibility. The role will involve working closely with the team in Aberdeen as well as with the wider Energy Disputes team across the UK and overseas, and a wide range of other colleagues across the firm.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have strong experience in commercial disputes work.
- Be Scots qualified with good courtroom experience - experience of English court practice and procedure and of other dispute resolution mechanisms such as arbitration, adjudication and mediation is preferred but not essential.
- Have an understanding of the oil & gas industry/energy sector.
- Be skilled in project management and up to speed with law tech and what it can offer;
- Be hard working, enjoy a challenge and be happy to work as part of the team to meet deadlines;
- Be well-organised and proactive and have excellent attention to detail;
- Have good written and oral communication skills;
- Be willing to attend business development events and take the initiative in business development.
Applicants will ideally have between 2-4 years of relevant experience.
To find out more, please contact Jill Cowan on 07931 811 330 or apply online.