One of Scotland's leading independent law firms has a new requirement for a Senior Solicitor or Associate to join the Energy & Infrastructure team based in Edinburgh or Glasgow. Ideally applicants will have around 3-5 years of relevant PQE.
This role presents an excellent opportunity to work in a client-facing role in a supportive team, which is top ranked by Chambers in energy. Whilst previous experience in energy or infrastructure is desirable we are also keen to hear from applicants who would like to switch into the energy and infrastructure sector.
The central belt team undertakes the firm’s work in the energy and infrastructure sectors and advises developers, investors, lenders and the public sector across of a variety of sectors: power (wind, hydro, solar, tidal and biomass), heat, infrastructure (education, health and transport). You can expect to work on a mix of renewables, heat and infrastructure projects. Due to the breadth of work that the team undertakes you will work across a number of sectors and they will encourage you to develop your own areas of expertise. This role presents an excellent opportunity to utilise a wide range of skills and be exposed to a variety of transactions.
A few examples of the type of work on offer include:
- Advising on developing or bidding for new greenfield projects including setting up joint venture arrangements
- Advising on the financing and implementation of new greenfield projects
- Advising of the sale and purchase of greenfield and operating assets
- Advising on operating projects including PPA renewals and asset variations
- Advising on energy and utilities regulation
To find out more, please contact Jill Cowan on 07931 811 330 or apply with your CV online!