A new role has been created for a Data Protection Solicitor/Officer to join the In-House Legal team within this global company, based in Edinburgh. The contract will be for an initial 12 month period, however there is a strong possibility that this will be extended further or even made permanent.
The Data Protection Officer will be responsible for the development, implementation and enforcement of policies, procedures and practices necessary to ensure that the company complies with all applicable EU, regional and other privacy laws and regulations and conforms to industry best practices. This role will be the designated point of contact who receives privacy enquiries, complaints, if any, associated with the business and who is able to provide guidance related to privacy matters.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Acting as Group expert in relation to data protection matters. Implementing measures and a privacy governance framework to manage data use in compliance with data protection laws including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Working with key internal stakeholders in the review of projects and new systems to be implemented to ensure compliance with EU and local data privacy laws
- Serving as the primary point of contact for all data protection related matters under the GDPR
- Reviewing, drafting and advising on contracts with suppliers
- Chairing the Data Protection Committee
Ideally you will hold at least one Data Protection and/or Privacy certification, such as CIPT/CIPM/CIPP/E and have gained previous experience as a Data Protection Officer or in a similar compliance role.
An excellent salary is on offer and full or part-time hours will also be considered.
Please contact Jill Cowan on 0131 516 4333 or apply with your CV online.