An unusual opportunity has been created within the Entrepreneurial Tax team at this leading Accountancy firm. The tax department is one of the largest outside of the big four in Scotland and the Entrepreneurial Tax Team are a multi award-winning team, with a broad range of clients and a focus on delivering the best client service. The team are usually based in the Edinburgh office although flexibility on location will also be considered as will home working for at least part of the week.
Ideally, this role would be suitable for a Tax Lawyer who specialises in corporate transactions and looking for a fast moving, exciting, role with fantastic opportunities for challenging work with phenomenal clients.
Applicants will have between 3-10 years of relevant experience gained in a law firm or the M&A tax team of a Big 4/Top 10 firm, and be seeking an opportunity to use their legal skills in a different environment, willing to learn and operate as part of a fast moving and dynamic team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Advising your clients, external or internal, regarding tax consequences of proposed transactions
- Drafting and reviewing Tax Deeds/Covenants and advising on Tax Warranties
- Negotiating Tax Deeds/Covenants from a buy or sell side with the other party’s advisors
- Drafting and negotiating tax clearances with HMRC
- Providing advice on share schemes to clients
- Drafting and reviewing share option agreements
- Providing advice on SEIS/EIS/VCT matters to clients
- Providing Stamp taxes advisory and completion of clearance applications
- Ad hoc tax advisory as required
- Active involvement in seeking out Business Development opportunities.
To find out more about this fantastic new role, please contact Jill Cowan on 07931 811 330 or apply online.