A rare opportunity has become available for a Solicitor to join the Regulations and Markets team within this leading Scottish Law firm. Applicants will have between 1-3 years of PQE and the role could be based from either Glasgow or Edinburgh.
The successful candidate will ideally have a sound knowledge and understanding of competition law and/or utilities regulation and a proven track record of presenting clear legal advice to a range of clients. However experience in other disciplines (particularly litigation or other types of regulatory work) and a genuine desire to specialise in this niche area of law will also be considered. They are looking for a dynamic lawyer who is keen to take responsibility and initiative in a client facing role. There is significant opportunity in this group to make your mark and develop you legal and client skills in cutting edge cases.
The team have an impressive track record in competition and regulatory investigations, competition litigation and follow-on damages cases as well as utility regulation (water/energy and telecoms).
They continue to work on a variety of high profile matters which include:
• Advising leading games developers on competition law and merger clearances at EU and CMA levels.
• Advising a major energy supplier on their appeal against Ofgem to the Competition and Markets Authority.
• Advising on some of the largest generation projects in the UK, including offshore wind farms.
• Advising on a range of regulatory investigations by UK regulators.
• Advising on cutting edge energy sector developments including hydrogen and CCUS.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be provided alongside excellent career prospects.
To find out more, please contact Jill Cowan on 07931 811 330 or apply online.