An exciting opportunity has arisen with a legal firm in Glasgow City Centre looking for an experienced Commercial Property Paralegal to join their team.
As Commercial Property Paralegal you will provide an excellent and efficient legal service to the clients of the firm, in all aspects of Conveyancing, including sales & purchases, concentrating on residential/commercial property matters.
- Maintaining a busy and largely unsupervised caseload with particular emphasis on new build purchases, commercial and residential sales, auction sales and purchases, insolvency sales and generally high-volume residential purchases and sales for corporate clients
- Taking an active role in business development activities
- You will be given the opportunity for exposure to commercial property work commensurate with experience, including commercial lease management work
- Ordering searches, property enquiry certificates, preparing registration forms, drafting LBTT forms etc
- Regular reporting to clients by telephone, email and general correspondence
- Generate satisfactory level of fee income in accordance with agreed set fee income and time targets, record all time and fee promptly during and/or on completion of transactions.
- Monthly review of all client files for which you are responsible
- Keep up to date with developments in the law and regulatory requirements
- Take part in regular departmental business meetings
Skills & experience required
- Experience in a similar role is essential
- Methodical approach to work with good organisational skills and ability to work to demanding timescales
- Ability to communicate in a confident, clear and relaxed way
- A team player
- Good IT and word processing skills
- Ability to work under pressure