As a result of growth, one of Scotland’s leading firms of Chartered Accountants is now seeking an experienced Manager to join their established Audit & Advisory team in Glasgow.
The firm have experienced unprecedented growth in recent years including significant audit client wins. Their Audit team work with a wide range of clients across various sectors including construction, food & drink, retail, manufacturing; as well as some charities and housing associations. As Audit Manager, you will manage your own varied client portfolio and act as a key representative for all client dealings; providing an efficient and proactive service and ensuring exceptional service delivery at all times. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and understanding clients needs, communicating this to Partners;
- Planning (budget, staffing), executing and finalising audit projects within tight deadlines;
- Managing audit workflow to identify staffing availability across a number of offices;
- Controlling cost budgets, meeting reporting timetables and preparing client reporting documents;
- Billing, fee negotiation, WIP and debt management reviews;
- Identifying risk matters and maximising fee earnings from your portfolio;
- Involvement in the management of the audit department including file reviews, appraisals, training and mentoring
- Maintaining professional standards and participating in firm-wide performance initiatives;
- Supporting with the development and implementation of the firm’s audit approach;
- Regular involvement and contribution to management and department meetings
You will be a qualified Accountant (CA / ACCA) with previous experience of managing junior staff in a firm of Accountants. You will have demonstrable group reporting experience, including complex consolidations, as well as specialist knowledge of UK GAAP. Developed interpersonal and client relationship management skills are imperative for this role, as are strong time management skills and the ability to demonstrate initiative.
Salary up to £50,000 (DoE) + Benefits + Flexible working. Genuine opportunities for personal and career development for a strong performer. For further information contact Lynsey Kerr on (0141) 530 4333 or email@example.com