We’re currently recruiting on behalf of our well know client for an Assistant Accountant based in Glasgow city centre. They are looking for someone to support the head office function with various finance related duties.
The successful candidate should be confident and articulate with the ability to work well in a small dynamic team.
The jobs main duties will include;
- Assisting with preparation of monthly management and year end accounts including variance analysis
- Ensuring timely & organised submission and collation of Weekly Store Reports and related information
- Ensuring all nominal ledger and department codings and postings are accurate
- Ensuring accurate recording and maintenance of VAT records
- Coding, processing and reconciling bank and cash entries
- Preparing bank and cash reconciliations
- Preparing office stock reconciliations
- Standard journal preparing and processing
- Reconciling payroll control account
- Assisting with preparation of weekly and monthly KPI reports
- Reconciling balance sheet control accounts
- Providing holiday and absence cover for other finance & admin staff
- Other ad-hoc duties as may be required from time to time
To be considered for this role you must have previous experience in a similar role. You must have experience of using Sage 50 accounts package and have advanced Excel skills. You will be able to work to strict deadlines, have excellent attention to detail and be keen to develop new skills.